5 Digital Tools That Make Summer Adventuring Easier
If you know where to go and what to look for, you don’t have to go far for instant adventures
Think you have to leave the city to camp, hike, or get your Chacos muddy exploring a local stream? Check out these apps and sites.
1. Download the Night Sky app and find a state park near you with relatively dark skies.
2. Set up camp in your own backyard and spend an afternoon trying to rattle off a dozen bird species with the help of iBird Pro.
3. Learn to identify the local plants with PlantSnap.
4. There are probably way more places to camp than you know. Proof? Punch your town into Hipcamp’s search bar to find nearby ranches, farms, vineyards, and private property you can camp on.
5. Discover little-known parks or trails near your home on sites like AllTrails and Oh, Ranger!